– Ohhhh, no!
– Ohhhh! – Oh my god.
– (laughs) This is great.
– (laughs) – (FBE) What’s up, guys?
– Hello! – (FBE) Today, we’re gonna
be putting you through the ultimate FBE challenge.
– What?! – (FBE) This is a rapid-fire
“try not to” gauntlet. – Try not to what?
– Everything. – (FBE) All the things.
– Everything?! – A “try not to.”
So, are we talking try not to laugh, try not to cry…
– Try not to cry. – …try not to cringe.
We’re just gonna through all of ’em. (snapping)
– (FBE) So, with each video we present you,
you’ll be told what you’re trying not to do.
– Okay. – Hmm. It’s always tough
to not do what the video is wanting you to do.
I want to succumb. – I wear my emotions on my chest. – (FBE) So, we’re actually gonna start
with the “try not to laugh or smile” challenge.
– Oh, I got this. – (FBE) The rules are
you can’t laugh or smile at anything that we show you.
– All right. – Mm. Okay.
– (FBE) Fair enough. You ready? – Yeah.
– (FBE) Cool. – Oh my god.
Oh my god. – (both laugh)
– This is great. (buzzer) (footsteps)
(phone ringing) – It’s funny.
This is funny. (loud smooch)
Okay. (buzzer) – Oh, that was so funny.
– That was fantastic. Yeah, that was really good.
– That was so funny. – Wow. That’s good.
– That’s what’s good about the internet right there.
– Yeah. – That is just art. – (crowd screaming) – I remember this.
– (FBE) You are already smiling. – Well, it’s such
a fond memory of mine. (buzzer) – (laughs) It’s us, yay!
(claps) I immediately forgot the challenge.
I’m just so excited to see us. – It’s hard.
It’s hard. This is fun. (buzzer) – Actually, we’re going
on tour this summer, so this is– wow! Just a taste of what you’ll get
when you see us on the road. – No, we’re not doing this
on the road. – Look how happy you are!
I think you lost the “try not to smile” challenge
in that video. – Yeah, maybe in the video. – (Keith) Any fan could make
a 30-minute… – Oh, it’s us!
– (Keith) …of any time Ned has mentioned…
(buzzer) – (Keith) …montage
of any time Ned has mentioned “my wife.”
– Oh, no you did not. – (Ned)My wife.
My wife. My wife!
I wish my wife were here. My wife would think
I look frickin’ hot right now. – (FBE) Zach, you’re smiling.
– Keep it goin’! This is amazing! (buzzer) – (Ned) Now to think about my wife. – (bursts out laughing)
– (chuckles) – (Ned) My wife really
didn’t want me to do this today. – (Chris) That means
she cares for you. – (Ned) Yeah.
– I… that was great. – You know your one friend
who’s obsessed with houseplants and they’re like, “Oh,
let me tell you about my houseplant.” I’m like, “No, I don’t wanna
hear about your houseplant.” – Yeah, I–
– Your houseplant sounds boring. I mean, I love Ariel,
but it always resorted to, “Hey, what’s my wife doing?”
“Where are you going?” “Off to go do, like,
[bleep] decoupage with my wife.” – You say Wesley and Ariel now…
– Yes. – …rather than “my wife
and my baby.” – Yeah. What I say now
is more, “As a father…” – (man) I want to go home. – (Ben) But you can’t. – Whoa.
– This is already fantastic. – Oh, I’ve seen this.
– (Ben) But you can’t. – (laughs) (buzzer) – (Ben) Oh, Allison, please help! – He’s just exactly the same.
– (man) Franklin, please listen. – (chuckles) Your acting reel
is just all of you as a colonial… person.
(buzzer) – (Allison) Have you ever just,
like, loved and hated someone… – Is this his whole reel?
– I gu– – (Ben) Oh, yes, dear child.
– It’s just Keith’s face that’s funny. Wow.
– Now, let’s give a round of applause for Keith. (claps)
– Now I’ll smile. (claps) – Yeah.
– Yeah! – That’s good, you know?
That was probably his post-college reel.
– I do not use that reel anymore as I do not try to act
as now I employ myself. That was a little cringy, ’cause I–
– That one, I bet you felt uncomfortable.
– I did, ’cause I was like, “Oh, I haven’t seen this in a while.”
I made this right before I moved to LA.
– (FBE) So next, we’re gonna have you attempt the “try not
to eat” challenge. – Oh.
– (gasps) I’ve been wanting to be in one of those
for a long time! – (FBE) So, we’ll be flying in
some delicious food to see if you can resist
this yummy treat. – Oh, no.
We haven’t had lunch. – Ohhhh!
– Mmm. – I walked in and I said,
“It smells like fried chicken in here.”
– It does! It’s– – And they said, “I don’t know
what you’re talking about” I KNEW! – KFC, I think they’ve really
upped their game. – They have. We’ve eaten more
because of Keith’s fried chicken obsession.
– I know a lot about fried chicken! – He is a connoisseur
of fried chicken. – Is it– I’m gonna eat it.
– Wait. Can you eat it while I talk about
the final season of “Game of Thrones”? – Sure.
(buzzer) – I just feel like
there’s just a lot happening that should’ve happened
over more, like, four seasons than two seasons.
– You guys think that you know us. You’ve seen us try everything.
Well, guess what? Zach ate the chicken,
not Keith. – No, he’s gonna eat the chicken.
– Maybe also Keith. – Maybe just…
– GET AWAY FROM ME! – WHOAAA, NED!
– GET AWAY! – I’m sorry.
– I shall not have you today!! – Mm, they’re pretty good.
How does it feel to be a winner? – My prize feels so sweet.
That sweet taste of victory. – Once you lose,
you really get to relish the loss.
– Salty. – (FBE) So, next up,
we’re gonna see if you can resist getting angry in our…
– Uh-oh. – (FBE) …”try not
to get mad” challenge. – Ohhh.
– Okay. – Ah, [bleep].
This is where I will lose. – (FBE) The rules are you cannot
show any signs of anger or frustration or we’re gonna call you out.
– All right. – It’s just gonna be a video
where someone’s just like, “Ned sucks. Keith sucks.
Ned sucks. Keith sucks.” – (laughs) I’m allowed to smile
or laugh all I want! That was hilarious.
Guys, we [bleep] up Eugene’s car. (buzzer)
– Doesn’t make me mad. – Doesn’t make me mad.
– Makes me happy. – Mm-hmm. Yeah.
– I love this moment. – This is glorious.
– Look how beautiful that car is.
– Amazing. – (FBE) So, we have
one more thing for you. – (toy baby crying) – I don’t know how I should react. – (laughs) This video’s awesome! I’m glad the “try not
to laugh” challenge isn’t still going, ’cause I’d be…
– Why do people volunteer for this? Why do they voluntarily make this?
(buzzer) – I’ve had a child
for 13 months, baby. (chuckles) I have…
– (softly) Shhh. – I have trained my body
and my mind to know when cries are real
and when cries are coming out of a doll!
(buzzer) – (toy baby crying) – That’s a cute baby. – (FBE) All right-y.
– Take this bear baby away. – (FBE) Your book,
“The Hidden Power of [Bleep] Up” is releasing on June 18th.
What’s been the pros and cons of writing a book
with four different personalities? – It certainly was a struggle
to figure out how to write a cohesive book
with four authors. But you know, our videos
expertly sort of put together four personas each time,
so we really took that approach of one person would lead each chapter,
but everyone else would voice their own struggles or successes
with whatever that vertical was. – We call it a self-deprecating
self-help book. But you also get stories
from our pasts, things that shaped us,
the failures and the [bleep] ups that made us into the people
that we are today. – (FBE) This next challenge
is a fan favorite. This is a “try not to sing” challenge. – (sucks in breath)
– (FBE) And… this list has been curated
specifically for you guys. – Oh, no.
– (Zach and Eugene) Oh, no. – How do you know what–
– We’ve discussed– Oh, you’re [bleep]
if they do Vampire Weekend or Arcade Fire.
– (FBE) Rules are simple here. While the video is playing,
there’s no singing, but there’s also no dancing
or moving to the beat and no lip syncing.
– (dejected) Ahh. – Oh, [bleep].
– (sings along) ♪ …let you down ♪ This, it’s [bleep] cla–
who knew I knew– was this for me? This music video
is one of the best in history. (buzzer) – ♪ …let you down ♪
♪ So please don’t give me up ♪ – (exhales shakily)
– (mouths along) ♪ It’s never really, really… ♪
– Oh my god. It’s so hard not to bob my head.
– ♪ All we have to… ♪ – Don’t you just wanna get into it?
– Yeah. – ♪ …these lies and… ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Make them true ♪ – (sings along) ♪ Yeah, yeah! ♪
– ♪ All… ♪ – (sings along) ♪ We have to… ♪
– (both sing along) ♪ See ♪ – ♪ Hey, hey, hey ♪
(buzzer) – Oh, that’s what song it is.
– I was wondering– I knew what it was,
but only about 10 seconds in. I was like, “What is this song?”
And like, “Oh, I know this song. I know what’s comin’.”
– The video means a lot to him personally.
– Yeah. Yeah, it inspired me when I was in college for filmmaking,
’cause it was part of that period of music video directors
becoming film auteurs. – ♪ Walcott ♪
♪ Mystic sea… ♪ – Oh, this is for Zach.
– This is so Zach. – Zach loves Vampire Weekend.
– Zach LOVES Vampire Weekend. – He goes to see them
like four times a year.
– All the time. – ♪ Walcott ♪
– [Bleep]. [Bleep].
– Called it. – This is not just my favorite band.
This is my favorite song ever. – Just sing to it.
You have to. ♪ (upbeat music) ♪ (buzzer) This is–
I thought about this before. I want this to be the song I hear
right before I die. – (FBE) We do have one more song
here for ya. – Oh, really?
– No. – ‘Cause I– Ohhhh, no!
– Ohhhh! – I was gonna say
I didn’t know any of the songs until this one! (sings along) ♪ Ride
till I can’t no more ♪ (buzzer)
– ♪ I got the horses in the back ♪ ♪ Horse tack is attached ♪
– Keith will know this. – ♪ …matte black ♪
♪ Got the boots that’s black to match ♪ ♪ Riding on a horse ♪
♪ You can whip your Porsche ♪ – (FBE) All right.
– Yass! – Yeah! Way to go, Lil Nas X.
– Yes, yes, yes! – He literally won’t stop
playing “Old Town Road” as if he just heard it.
– Like, “Y’all know about this Billy Ray Cy–
This is– this is a jam, right?”
– And then he’ll [bleep] go in, and I’m like, “Dude.
It’s been six months, Ned.” – (FBE) Next up, we have
the “try not to move” challenge. – Oh, okay.
– (FBE) Rules are simple. You can’t dance, flinch,
or move while watching these, but you can still talk throughout.
– Okay. Okay. (whistles)
– Just have to talk like a ventriloquist.
♪ (upbeat rock music) ♪ – ♪ Oh, here it goes ♪
♪ Here it goes ♪ ♪ Here it goes again ♪
– We’re so cool. – We’re so cool. – I love this video. – ♪ Shoes ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Oh my god, shoes ♪ – ♪ Oh my god ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Shoes ♪ ♪ I like turtles ♪
♪ (record scratching) ♪ – (Keith) Leave her alone!
– Mm. Mm-hmm. – (Keith) …performed
for you bastards! – (Eugene and Keith) Leave
Britney… – (all) Alone! – I think I know
this whole video by heart. – Yeah. I mean, ’cause we rehearsed it
so many goddamn times. – ♪ Dun, dun ♪
Okay. – (Keith) …Charlie.
– I’m gonna break it. I can’t.
♪ Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo ♪
– ♪ Dun, dun, dun, dun, dun ♪ (buzzer)
– ♪ Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo ♪
– This is it. – (FBE) Ned, you were
moving your foot. – No.
Dang it, I was. – Oh, she caught you.
– Shoot! She got me. (buzzer)
That’s kind of where the idea to do a live show started
was this VidCon performance. Elements of that will probably
make it into our live tour, this idea of just
mad cap improv theater. – (FBE) All right. So guys,
you lost in some of these challenges. – But the real winners
are the friends we made along the way. – (FBE) All right. So finally,
with so many exciting things going on for you guys,
can you tell us what was the most “trying” time
that you had while taking all of this stuff on?
– Ooh, I know. The most trying time, I think,
of the last year was we were producing the Streamy’s as hosts
at the same time that the book was due.
– There’s been some hard times. I think we’ve flirted
with burn out. But luckily,
we’ve surrounded ourselves with really wonderful people,
ourselves included, but also the people
that work with us. So, we’re so excited
about everything that we’re doing, and it makes some
of those late nights and some of those crazy days
really worth it. – Thanks to FBE
for making this video! – And be sure to check out us
on our new nationwide tour, The Legends of the Internet
as well as our book coming out June 18th.
– You can find out all about everything
at tryguys.com. – Boop, boop, boom.